Saturday, October 25, 2014

Thank You...In General Though

You're welcome.
Not for the many times you'd be running and I'd come get you. In general though.
You're welcome.
Not because to you I never say no. In general though.
You're welcome.
Not because I put my career on the line because I believe in you. In general though.
You're welcome.
Not because you drive even though it means I'm stranded while you have fun. In general though.
You're welcome.
Not for the times I take you on adventures. In general though.
You're welcome.
Not because you are fed and your pocket isn't empty. In general though.
You're welcome.
Not for the times I'm alone and I worry. In general though.
You are welcome.
Not because I buy things for you just to see a smile. In general though.
You're welcome.
Not because my home and my bed are shared and open to you. In general though.
You're welcome.
Not for silently hurting while you tell me about amazing sex with everyone...but me.
In general though.
You're welcome.
Not for the times I offer guidance. In general though.
You're welcome.
Not because I offered myself in your place. In general though.
You're welcome.
Not for trying to keep you on track. In general though.
You're welcome.
Not for the essays and articles. In general though.
You're welcome.
Not because I love without being loved.
 In general though.
You are welcome
Because in all of this, you are not a burden, you are a blessing. In general though.



No comments: