Sunday, May 10, 2009

Death Shall Have No Dominion

There is nothing now but silence.
Deafening, maddening silence.
I weigh in my head many a thought, an angle.
I bang my head against the rocks looking for answers.

Love has taken everything, leaving me to suffer in the wake of her mighty withdrawal.
Time has impaled me upon his mighty spear. Neither leaves room for forgiveness of transgression. Neither is as iron as once promised.

How do you go from where we were, born centuries ago to love, pure and biblical to where we are today?

There was a time when I believed in love. When I believed the great words of the poet, when Shakespeare knew everything. There was a time it seemed the great love stories were told in anticipation of my love for him, his for me; told in reflection.
I don't believe in Love, in Her anymore as savior, bringer of light. I believe now that she is a demon, sent to tempt us with her promises of unending days in goodness spent. That she will twist the truth, make it her own and as a sword bring it down upon the necks of us all. We are pawns that, once marked, never again to fall into grace.

Today, there is only silence. Deafening, hardened silence.
I long for the Sleep. I beg to be taken.

No comments: