Monday, May 4, 2009

The Sleep doesn't come.
I beg for mercy, knowing time will bring but temporary relief.
I am ruled by my emotions. So much so that rational thought and judgement leave me.

What relief will come in time?
No matter the temporary joy of futures brought,
I will always be him. He and he alone to bring light,
to bring fire.
He will never come. I will never live.
I should never love.

Love's the great deceiver.
She gives, at a price.
She gives to take away when interest has occurred.
She clears rationale from me, leads me to foolishness.

Love laughs in my face. She has abandoned me.
Her whispers in the night,
pushing memory upon memory into my sleepless night.

She is the trickster by which I fell. She will claim her dominance,
Her omnipresent power over me, over this, to watch me crumble.
To watch me die.


No comments: